Even though dehumidifiers do the same job, some are more energy-efficient than others. They are a better alternative as they get the job done without using much electricity.
In this buying guide, we compare the four top-ranked energy-efficient dehumidifiers that you can find on the market. It's a mix of both small and big and will serve you perfectly well. Here is a look at what we have.
This is a small and portable dehumidifier with a 500mL tank capacity. It is very efficient as it has a large air inlet that helps it to quickly remove moisture from the air. It can absorb the moisture of up to 500mL when the environment has 80%RH. The dehumidifier cannot work when the humidity level is below 40%.
It uses advanced whisper technology to make sure that it is ultra-quiet. It has a noise level of 35db, which is very quiet.
It has an auto shut-off feature, which helps it to go off automatically when the tank is full. The LED light will turn red to show you the tank is full.
It is eco friendly as it uses low energy.
It is compact, easy to operate, and can work well in a space of up to 150 Square feet.
- Product dimensions: 6.3 x 5.12 x 10.63 inches
- Product weight: 1.98 pounds
- It is eco friendly
- It has a high tank capacity of 500ml
- It is ultra-quiet
- It has an auto shut-off feature
- It is compact and easy to use
- Some users complained that it did not work
- Some users complained of a poor build quality
It is energy efficient as it is energy star certified, hence it can absorb moisture without using much electricity.
It has a modern sleek design that suits any home. It has handles and wheels for easy transportation.
It is durable and comes with a 2-year warranty.
It is easy to use as all you need to do is set the preferred moisture setting and you’re done. It has an auto shut-off feature that shuts off the system when the tank is full. There is a drain hose outlet meaning you don't have to drain the tank physically. You will have to purchase the hose separately.
Apart from reducing moisture in the air, it has a built-in pump compressor that helps to eliminate any odors. For maximum moisture removal, it has a turbo mode with a fan speed that can increase from 129 cubic feet per minute to 138 cubic feet per minute.
The dehumidifier’s tank has a capacity of 1 gallon, which is decent for any room.
- Product dimensions: 15.2 x 10 x 19.7 inches
- Product weight:30.5 pounds
- It has a water tank of 1 gallon and can remove up to 22 pints of moisture in a day
- It is energy start certified
- It has a modern sleek design with wheels for easy movement
- It is easy to use
- It has an auto shut-off feature
- It has a drain hose outlet for more convenience
- It can also remove odors from the air
- You can increase the fan to turbo speed for fast moisture removal
- It does not shut off automatically when it attains the desired humidity level
- Some users complained that it stopped working properly after a short time
This is a dehumidifier that works using silica gels that absorbs moisture from the air. You don’t have to plug it in for power. It is environmentally safe and very eco friendly. It is also not messy and does not need any refills. This dehumidifier has a 10-year life span, hence will serve you for so long.
It is ultra-quiet. The unit can work in an area of up to 500 cubic feet.
It takes 3-8 weeks for the silica gels to change color from orange to green, though that depends on the environment situation. Once they turn to green, they need to be placed in a well-ventilated area for 12-14 hours, which will make it turn back to orange, indicating it is ready to be used again.
It is non-toxic, does not leak, and is not messy.
When you buy the dehumidifier, it comes with a 5-year warranty.
Apart from removing excess moisture, it also removes mold, mildew, and musty odors.
- Product dimensions: 5.5 x 2.5 x 5.5 inches
- Product weight:1.8 pounds
- It is non-toxic, does not leak and is not messy
- It is quiet
- It has a 10-year life span
- It has a 5-year warranty
- It is easy to use
- It can only work in a space of 500 cubic meter which is very slow
- Some users complained that it does not work
- Some users had issues with the unit overheating when charging
This is a great dehumidifier for large spaces and is at the same time very energy efficient. It is 25% more efficient than regular dehumidifiers and can remove up to 50 pints per day. Even though it is efficient, it is determined by the airflow and the size of space. The temperature and humidity of the environment affect the pace of dehumidification.
Unlike many dehumidifiers, this one can be controlled remotely. It is WIFI enabled and can be controlled using the Tuyasmart App. It has four operation modes (standard, raining, drying, sleep) for more precision on what you want.
It is not noisy as it has a sound level of 35.9dB.
It has a properly lit LED control panel that helps you to keep track of your current humidity level. The unit can adjust automatically to give you the preferred humidity level.
The dehumidifier has a 24-hour timer that can help it to automatically turn on and off after a certain period of time. It has a 3.1L capacity tank.
It comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a 2-year replacement warranty.
- Product dimensions: 24.6 x 15.1 x 11.5 inches
- Product weight:24.2 pounds
- It is efficient
- It is great for large spaces with a capacity of 50pints
- IT is Wi-Fi enabled and can be controlled by remote
- It has a 24-hour timer
- It has an LED control panel to help you know the humidity level
- Some users complained that it can only do 30 pints of water per day and not 50 as indicated on the website
- Some users complained that it is too small for 1500ft.
All the above are great energy-efficient dehumidifiers and it may confuse you on which one to settle on. Here is a quick guide.
Best for Large Spaces: If you have a large space or you are looking for a dehumidifier that can work well in a large space, then we recommend the Vacplus dehumidifier. It can work well in an area of 1500 feet and has a capacity of 50 pints which is higher than the Homelabs one that has a capacity of 30 pints.
Smart Dehumidifier: If you prefer a smart dehumidifier that is Wi-Fi enabled, then your best bet would be the Vacplus dehumidifier.
Best for Small Spaces: If you have a small space or you are looking for a mini dehumidifier maybe for a closet, then the Eva-dry E-500 dehumidifier would be the best choice for you.
Most Budget-Friendly: When comparing prices, the cheapest dehumidifier is the Eva-dry E-500 dehumidifier that retails at only $19.99.
Our Overall Recommendation: All the above are excellent choices and it will depend on the kind of space that you have. If you have a small space, then we would recommend the Eva-dry E-500 unit. If you have a large space, then you are better off with the Vacplus dehumidifier.