- Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto: Is it the Best Humidifier for Your Home?
- Does Your Home Really Need a Whole-House Humidifier?
- Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto Characteristics
- Benefits of Owning the Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto
- PROS & CONS
- Is It the Best?
Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto: Is it the Best Humidifier for Your Home?
The Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto is a low-maintenance option for making the air in your home healthier. It is time to find out if it is the right choice for you.
Dry skin, itchy eyes, out-of-control allergies: all of these are reasons why you might be interested in a whole-house humidifier. And, as with any other household appliance, you want to make sure that you purchase the very best. The Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto is a high-quality humidifier that is a great choice for many households, but is it the right one for yours? To make your decision easier, we are going to look at the pros and cons of this unit.
Does Your Home Really Need a Whole-House Humidifier?
It is natural to be reluctant to spend money, so while looking at purchasing a whole-house humidifier, you might be wondering if it is truly necessary. While humidifiers can improve the comfort of the air you breathe, they are not necessary in all cases. So, how can you tell if your home has dry air? While there are special tools to measure humidity, there are some general signs you can pick up on, which include:
- Frequent static shocks
- Frizzy, out-of-control hair
- Dry, scratchy throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Dry, cracked skin
- Itchy eyes
Should you notice any of these signs, it is a good idea to add a humidifier to your home. Additionally, if anyone in your home suffers from allergies or asthma, a humidifier can make life more comfortable. For many homes, the Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto will prove to be an ideal solution. Let’s take a look at some features that set this unit apart from the rest.
Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto Characteristics
While there are some features that are shared amongst all whole-house humidifiers, the Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto has some that stand out, such as:
This type of humidifier is connected to either the return or supply line of your HVAC system. It uses evaporation to humidify the air and does not hold any water, which reduces the chance of mold developing. It must be hooked up to a water line.
If the electricity cuts out, you do not need to reprogram the unit; all of your settings, as well as date and time, are retained.
You can use one set of settings for all 7 days of the week or program the unit to use different settings on different days. You also have the ability to adjust the settings at any time.
The unit is designed to make the filter easy to access, simplifying the process of cleaning and changing it.
While the unit is small, it can humidify homes up to 4,000 square feet in size.
Benefits of Owning the Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto
If you decide to make the Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto a part of your home, you can expect to enjoy the following benefits:
Adding a humidify to your home is not a cure-all, but it does have health benefits. For those without any special health concerns, air with the right level of humidity can improve health by making it more difficult for bacteria to thrive in the air.
Boosted Immune System:
Another way a humidifier can keep you healthy is by improving the mucous membrane. The mucus membrane needs moisture to perform at its best, which a humidifier helps with. This makes it easier for the membrane to catch germs before they can make you sick.
A healthy mucous membrane also reduces snoring. This will improve your quality of sleep, which also improves your health and happiness in general.
Dry air can dry out your skin, which can cause two different problems: overly dry skin or overly oily skin if your skin overproduces oils to combat the dry air. Both of these problems can lead to acne and other skin issues.
PROS & CONS
- The unit does not produce white dust.
- It does not produce any noticeable noise.
- With a small adjustment, you can set it up for exit on the left or right side, allowing it to work for most any home.
- Automatically adjusts to work with the outside temperature to prevent condensation.
- It has no drum to hold water, which means there is no risk of mold growth in the unit.
- Requires maintenance only once per year when you replace the water panel and you may need to replace certain parts every five years or so.
- Despite being easy to install, you must have a professional install it or it voids the warranty.
- It must be positioned where it has direct access to a water supply line.
- It can only be positioned horizontally, which restricts where you can place it.
- It does not come with all items you need to install it.
- It must be positioned with access to a drain.
Is It the Best?
Every house and every homeowner has different needs, which means there is no one humidifier that is perfect for all cases. The Aprilaire 600 Humidifier Auto is a great choice for homes with an integrated HVAC system that are at least 2,500 square feet and for homeowners who want a humidifier that requires minimal maintenance. If this describes you and your home, then this could be the best whole-house humidifier for you.